Project / Ops Manager Manager
Hub Computing Pty Ltd
Neutral Bay, NSW
Hub Computing is a specialist Managed Service Provider, infrastructure and data centre consulting firm based in Sydney, Australia.
• Played an integral part in migrating multiple local domain forests into a single central domain across over 30 sites.
• AD remediation – using scripted migration/cut over – App-V to stream office and core packages across new sites (working with IT team across +400 workstations).
• Assisted customers in the set-up of 14 new repair centres including the assessment of risks associated with each project.
• Managed Office 365 conversion – Telstra managed account to an MS managed account. Integrated all the directory services, and migrated on-premises Exchange 2013 to Office 365.
• Coordinated the move of SharePoint sites from one tenant to another and managed the close-out and decommission for the last of the SharePoint and Exchange users.
• Involved in the upgrade of Navision ERP / BI Environment – set up and tested the dev environment.
• Developed and delivered 70 hours of onboarding curriculum for Customer Support.
• Active Directory management – set up and trained the IT team to use “ADManager Plus”, to help administer the MS / AD / Exchange environment
• Site Server Archiving – migrated old physical servers into Azure.
• As key contact for the escalation of complex issues and enquiries, solved critical customer problems to satisfactory outcomes in an efficient and timely manner.
• Set up a camera monitoring system to allow management to remotely monitor the staff across multiple workshop environments
Group IT Manager
St Leonards, NSW Sydney
Reported directly to the Board of Directors with full control of IT budget/vision. Project managed the setup of multiple Jord sites, globally, from office start-up phase through to design and fit-out whilst managing the setup of the company’s relative systems.
• Delivered annual IT budget planning and the procurement of all IT related resources (network, computer workstations, servers – all hardware and software across the group).
• Developed the functional specifications for the Customer Support Admin tool and worked with developers to bring the tool online.
• Determined, documented and disseminated Customer Support policies and procedures.
• Managed the virtualisation of Jord Data Centres (VMware - vSphere 5.5).
• Significantly reduced the group’s communications expenditure through the introduction of inter-office VOIP using Alcatel Phone Systems and SIP providers.
• Enabled Inter-office security and external access into VPN using Sophos Cyberoam network security appliances. Visibility and controls on AD user’s activity within the network incorporating Sophos Cyberoam (Layer 8 Technology).
• Created the backup, DR solutions, using Jord’s private cloud and utilising Veeam software.
• Improved network efficiency by 60%, accelerated application response and increased productivity through the introduction of WAN optimisation using Riverbed Technology.
• Successfully rolled out IBM Domino mail and application Servers.
• Introduced a two-tier Video Communication system incorporating Skype and BlueJeans, significantly reduced management and sales personnel travel time and expenditure.
• Rolled out hybrid MS Servers 2003/8 and Linux SUSE servers.
• Managed the roll out of an in-house developed ERP system across multiple Companies (SQL Servers for Accounts MS Dynamics (Navision) and Primavera PPM).
• Created, developed and maintained a Support Knowledge Base and customer-facing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) portal.